How to install
Simply mount the sensor on top of the flashing LED labelled 1Wh/imp (or similar) on the front of your meter, then follow set-up instructions. The LED sensor is known to work on a wide range of meters including those shown below (Landis+Gyr, i-credit and others). Download the Quick Guide. Download the full Instruction Manual.
The sensor goes over the LED labelled with the red arrows.
If your smart meter does not have an impulse LED indicator like those above then it may not be compatible. For example, some smart meters only show usage on the LCD screen with a square or arrow (example below). If your meter only has this usage indicator then we recommend buying the regular wireless energy monitor.
What’s in the box?
- Display screen (this goes inside your home in a convenient location)
- LED sensor device (this sticks on the front side of your ‘smart’ or digital meter in your meter box)
- Transmitter unit (sits in your meter box)
- Sticker accessories to mount the LED sensor on your meter
- Instruction manual
Display screen preview
The image below provides an explanation of the information shown on the display screen.
- Supports up to 3 tariff settings per day
- Supports Time-Of-Use tiered-rate settings
- 3 phase compatible (provided you have one smart meter which covers all three phases)
- Display screen power = 2 x AA batteries (included)
- Transmitter power = 2 x AA batteries (included)
- Battery lifetime = up to 5 years (high quality lithium batteries included)
- Transmitter range = up to 80 metres
- Data download = no
- See also our FAQ section below.